- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Did You Hear?
Review debuts new feature; send us all the fun things going on in your life
“Did You Hear” about the new community column in the Record?
Debuting in the Feb. 12 edition of The Ephrata Review, a new column will appear unlike any other we believe you’ve had a chance to see in your hometown paper.
“Did You Hear” will be a weekly community forum where readers can send in traditional announcements such as birthdays, anniversaries, family picnics and class reunions or business milestones. But we also want to see things a bit more offbeat such as pet birthdays, toddler quotes or achievements, a new or unusual recipe, vacation highlights, garden bragging (can’t wait for spring!), or just random thoughts or short stories. These types of “social” columns were once a big part of newspapers back in the day, but may be making a comeback in an age where specific local content is still unique to the print products.
So don’t be shy about sending something in…it’s as simple as a few clicks on an e-mail. This is a work in progress and more guidelines may be developed as the column progresses. All entries are subject to editing and we will do our best to communicate that to the sender.
We are anxious to hear what you have to say…and so are the readers. Send your items to email@example.com. E-mail is preferred however if you do not have computer access, they can also be dropped off at the office, 1 East Main Street, Ephrata.