- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Edna Burkhart, former business owner, dies
A memorial service was held this week for Edna M. Burkhart, 91, of Ephrata, who died Monday, Jan. 3, 2011 at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. Born in Strausstown, she was the daughter of the late Harvey S. and Mabel M. (Hollenbach) Binner. She was the widow of the late Melvin R. Burkhart, who died in 2008. Edna was a resident of Ephrata since 1936, and with her husband, owned and operated Burkhart & Drezner Clothiers and Cleaners on Main Street in Ephrata from 1952 to 1986. Edna was a member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and Cloister Post 429 American Legion Ladies Auxiliary, both of Ephrata. She is survived by a son: David R. Burkhart, husband of Pamela Burkhart; a granddaughter: Christine A. Burkhart; and great-granddaughter: Natalie H. Burkhart, all of Ventura, Calif. Also surviving are several brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews. Memorial services were held at the Garden Spot Village Chapel April 5 at 11 a.m. The Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiated and interment was private at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery. Services were under the care of Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals Inc. To offer online condolences to the family, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.