- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
EHS presents ‘Little Women’ March 30-31
Celebrate the arrival of spring with the March family in the Ephrata High School Theatre musical "Little Women," a musical for the whole family, on March 30 at 7:30 p.m. and March 31 at 2 and 7:30 p.m.
What many cherish most — family, sacrifice, determination, hope and love –never goes out of style. Ephrata High School’s all-new musical, based on Louisa May Alcott’s beloved 19th century novel, brings to life the March family of Concord, Mass. All of Louisa May Alcott’s classic characters are here: warm and loving Marmee; vivacious Amy; sweet and dreamy Meg; tender-hearted Beth; handsome and charming Laurie; Aunt March; Professor Bhaer; and of course the passionate and funny Jo.
In a time of war and sacrifice, this new musical captures all the struggle, romance and deep emotions of Alcott’s beloved tale. Jo, Meg, Amy and Beth, guided by their mother, Marmee, grow from girls into women, through romance and courtship, illness and loss, loving and letting go.
Brimming with 20 songs, Kim Oler and Alison Hubbard’s Richard Rodgers award-winning score, is seamlessly matched by Sean Hartley’s book.
Reserved seats are available by calling the theatre box office at 721-1592 or by e-mail at easdpa.org. Tickets are $7 for students and children and $10 for adults.
All unsold seats will be available at the box office before each performance. More MUSICAL, page A16