- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Ephrata salutes military with annual Memorial Day Program
In a joint effort between the American Legion Post No. 429, BPO Elks Lodge No. 1933, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 3376 and the Amvets Post No. 136, a Memorial Day program will be held beginning at 9 a.m. May 27 at Ephrata War Memorial Field.
Opening remarks will be made by Dave Groff and the invocation will be given by the Rev. John C. Miller. John Bottomly will perform on the bag pipes.
The Ephrata High School Band will also perform the national anthem and Taps.
The featured guest speaker is Brigadier Gen. George M. Schwartz, who is a career combat arms officer with a record of success leading mounted warriors. He is dual-hatted as an Assistant Adjutant General of the Pennsylvania National Guard and as the Deputy Commanding General, First Army, Division East.
A Philadelphia native, Schwartz lives with his wife Nicole and two daughters in Phoenixville. In his civilian career, he is a human resources and organizational development consultant and his broad experience includes work with Fortune 500 companies.
The American Legion Post will be holding a free breakfast for everyone attending directly following the service.