- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ephrata salutes military with annual Memorial Day Program
In a joint effort between the American Legion Post No. 429, BPO Elks Lodge No. 1933, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 3376 and the Amvets Post No. 136, a Memorial Day program will be held beginning at 9 a.m. May 27 at Ephrata War Memorial Field.
Opening remarks will be made by Dave Groff and the invocation will be given by the Rev. John C. Miller. John Bottomly will perform on the bag pipes.
The Ephrata High School Band will also perform the national anthem and Taps.
The featured guest speaker is Brigadier Gen. George M. Schwartz, who is a career combat arms officer with a record of success leading mounted warriors. He is dual-hatted as an Assistant Adjutant General of the Pennsylvania National Guard and as the Deputy Commanding General, First Army, Division East.
A Philadelphia native, Schwartz lives with his wife Nicole and two daughters in Phoenixville. In his civilian career, he is a human resources and organizational development consultant and his broad experience includes work with Fortune 500 companies.
The American Legion Post will be holding a free breakfast for everyone attending directly following the service.