- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Final plea for EHS Post Prom volunteers
The Ephrata High School Post Prom Committee is getting ready for the big event, which is being held on May 28 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on May 29. The community is invited to come to an open house in the school cafeteria on May 28 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. and see what Post Prom is all about.
This safe, fun-filled gathering for students after the prom is a huge event, and therefore many volunteers are needed. Volunteer opportunities include:
Set up on May 27 from 4 to 11 p.m. and May 28 from 7 a.m. until finished, approximately 2 p.m. These volunteers may just show up at any time and stay as long as they can; no need to sign up for a specific time. They will be assigned an activity when they get there. No specific skills are needed.
Open house. Volunteers are needed to give tours and answer questions. A special guided tour also will be given to all businesses and individuals who have donated to the Post Prom.
Night of event. Volunteers are needed to man stations like coat check, the "bank" and checkout, especially for the 3 to 5 a.m. time slots. These volunteers must be registered for a specific job.
Clean up in cafeteria on May 29 at 11 a.m.
Anyone who is interested in volunteering may call Melanie Brubaker at 859-4849 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. More POST PROM, page A18