- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Giant and Martin customers donate to Miracle Network
During this season of giving, customers at GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets showed their overwhelming generosity by donating $640,194 to local Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) hospitals in their communities during the grocers’ annual “Candles for Kids” in-store campaign.
Conducted Nov. 24 through Dec. 7, GIANT/MARTIN’S customers were encouraged to purchase a paper candle at the checkout for $1 each, which were then displayed in the stores.
“GIANT/MARTIN’S is committed to being a better neighbor throughout the communities we serve, including helping our youngest residents fight for good health,” said Rick Herring, president. “Thank you to our customers and associates who once again made a donation at the checkout. Combined with our June paper balloon campaign, we are proud to have raised more than $1.1 million in 2013 for Children’s Miracle Network!”
GIANT/MARTIN’S has been a proud supporter of CMN Hospitals for 18 years, recently eclipsing the $30 million fundraising mark.