- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Giant and Martin customers donate to Miracle Network
During this season of giving, customers at GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets showed their overwhelming generosity by donating $640,194 to local Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) hospitals in their communities during the grocers’ annual “Candles for Kids” in-store campaign.
Conducted Nov. 24 through Dec. 7, GIANT/MARTIN’S customers were encouraged to purchase a paper candle at the checkout for $1 each, which were then displayed in the stores.
“GIANT/MARTIN’S is committed to being a better neighbor throughout the communities we serve, including helping our youngest residents fight for good health,” said Rick Herring, president. “Thank you to our customers and associates who once again made a donation at the checkout. Combined with our June paper balloon campaign, we are proud to have raised more than $1.1 million in 2013 for Children’s Miracle Network!”
GIANT/MARTIN’S has been a proud supporter of CMN Hospitals for 18 years, recently eclipsing the $30 million fundraising mark.