- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Gladys Norton, 107, EHS grad, passes Gladys S. Norton
Gladys Sheaffer Norton, 107, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2011 at her home in Mt. Gretna.
Gladys was born in Hegins on Oct. 12, 1903. Gladys was the youngest and 14th child of Frank and Louvine Shade Willier. Gladys and her Mother moved to Ephrata, after the death of Frank.
Upon graduation from Ephrata High School, she married a classmate, Wilbur Hanford Sheaffer. After approximately 30 years of marriage, Wilbur was killed in an auto accident. Gladys was active in the Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution. She was also a charter member of Ephrata Woman’s Club. Other memberships included: Cloister 406 Eastern Star, hospital auxiliary, Girl Scouts and Sunday school teacher. Some of her interests were classical music and playing bridge.
Gladys had two children; Carol Ann, wife of Dr. James Mather; and Ray W. Sheaffer, husband of Dorothy Baringer Sheaffer; six grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren.
Funeral arrangements will be held at the convenience of the family. More NORTON, page A16