- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Goss takes over marching band
Goss was the assistant band director from 1998 through 2006, during which time the band placed second in the Cavalcade of Bands Championship in 1999 and won the High Percussion Award.
Goss has been with the Ephrata Area School District since 1998 and is the current Ephrata Middle School Band Director. He was a member of the Penn Manor Marching Band, West Chester University Golden Rams Marching Band, and performed in the 1990 Drum Corps International Summer Music Games, where his drum corps placed 12th in international competition. He holds a bachelor of science degree in music education and a master of science degree in music performance from West Chester University. Goss is a percussionist and drum set player.
“I am very excited to begin this new chapter in my life,” said Goss. “I have been blessed to work in the Ephrata Area School District with a wonderful and supportive community. My hope is to bring my various levels of experience in the field of marching band to further enhance the music education experience for our students.”
Goss replaces Adam Nobile, who resigned his post to accept a full-time position in the Big Spring School District. Nobile was hired prior to the 2012-13 school year.