- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
The 62nd annual VFW Post 3376 Jack Frost Children’s Parade is set for Wednesday Oct. 30.
All children of the community are invited.
The parade starts at 7 p.m. in front of the Ephrata VFW on South State Street.
Food will be available for purchase.
The Ephrata High School Marching Unit will once again lead the parade on South State Street, between Fulton and Franklin streets.
All participants receive a small prize, and the top costumes receive a $10 cash prize.
Costume judging will be in the following categories: scariest, funniest, most original, most "green," most unusual, cutest and best homemade.
Rain date is Oct. 31.
Akron Halloween parade
As reported last week, the Akron Volunteer Fire Company’s annual Halloween Parade will be at 7 p.m., Oct. 23.
The parade starts at the Broad Street Park and ends at the fire station.
Parade staging begins at 6:30 p.m. All participants must have a number, which are provided at the Broad Street Park.
There will be food and prizes.
More HALLOWEEN, page A16