- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Hornberger named new assistant superintendent
At their May 13 meeting, the Ephrata Area Board of School Directors approved the hiring of Richard Hornberger as the new assistant superintendent of secondary education.
He will replace Dr. Brian Troop, who was appointed superintendent at the board’s March meeting.
Hornberger currently serves the Northern Lebanon School District in a dual capacity as the director of secondary education and the high school principal. He was previously an adjunct professor at Cabrini College, elementary principal, assistant elementary school principal and teacher. He earned a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Lebanon Valley College, a master of education degree in teaching and curriculum from Penn State, and his superintendent letter of eligibility from California University of Pennsylvania.