- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Josephine Boyer, Ephrata VFW auxiliary president, Legion manager, dies
Josephine R. "Jo" Boyer, 85, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital after a brief illness.
Her husband, the late Jonathan H. Boyer, passed away in 1974. Born in Voganville, Jo was the daughter of the late John D. and Ruth (McGallgher) Baringer.
She worked as a food service manager at the former Foodergong and American Legion in Ephrata.
She was an avid card player and bird watcher and loved dining out.
Jo was a past president of the Ephrata VFW Post 3376 Ladies Auxiliary.
She is survived by a daughter: Joni L. Rusnak, of Columbia, S.C.; three sons: Lynne D. Boyer, husband of Joyce A. Boyer, of Ephrata; Brian J. Boyer, of Akron; and Bruce E. Boyer, of Ephrata; and five grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by brothers: Clyde Baringer, Ralph Baringer and Harvey Baringer Jr.
Funeral services will be held at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, on Jan. 30 at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Stevin Hoffman officiating. Place of interment will be Lincoln Cemetery, Lincoln-Ephrata.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. More BOYER, page A17