- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Kathryn Shreiner, Ephrata school nurse, dies at 91
Kathryn B. Shreiner, 91, of Lancaster, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012 at the Glen at Willow Valley.
She was born in Warwick Township to the late Joseph and Florence (Shenberger) Borry and was the wife of the late Jacob W. Shreiner, who died in 2000.
A graduate of the Lancaster Hospital School of Nursing, Kathryn was an RN and school nurse for the Ephrata Area School District for 30 years, before retiring in 1984. She was a member of the Lancaster County Nurses Association and the Ephrata Union Education Association. She also served on the board of directors of the Ephrata Area Social Services. She enjoyed bowling, reading, weaving, knitting, serving and loving other people, especially her family.
Kathryn is survived by her daughters: Dr. Barbara S., wife of Richard DePencier, of Seattle, Wash.; and Josephine S., wife of Donald Esbin, of Lancaster; a sister: Marion Grube, of Winchester, Va.; three grandchildren: Richard D., husband of Wendy DePencier, of Seattle, Wash.; Jeff W., husband of Wendy Esbin, of Pequea; and Dale J., husband of Pamela Esbin, of Cresco; and seven great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Oct. 12 at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Rev. Henry Herbener officiating. Interment was held in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Kathryn’s memory may be made to her church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 167 E. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com. More SHREINER, page A12