- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
- Everyone wins at the Souper Bowl
Local runners finish Boston strong
Several local runners were among the more than 32,000 competitors at this year’s 118th annual Boston Marathon held Monday.
A year after the tragic bombings which killed three and injured more than 260 people, runners and fans flooded the streets of Boston Monday to honor the fallen and participate in perhaps the most significant race in its history.
Among the areas runners who competed included:
• Bruce Waskowicz, age 53 of Denver. Waskowicz completed the run in a net time of 4:02:55 to place 17,723rd overall and 1,632nd in the 50-54 age group.
• Vanessa Andes, age 30 of Ephrata, finished in a time of 3:19:49 to place 6,417th overall. she was 910th among women and 719th in the 18-39 age group.
• John Mark Stoltzfus, age 40 of Ephrata, finished with a net time of 3:44:54 to place 3,617th overall. He also placed 1,706th in the 40-44 age group.
• Flere Bomba, age 57 of Denver, completed the race in 4:43:09 to finished 24,528th overall. She was 10,481st among women and placed 1,627th in the 40-44 age group.
• John Stover, age 40 of Ephrata, had the best time among local finishers at 3:08.16 to finish 3,678th overall. He was 3,430th among men and 605th in the 40-44 age group.
Mounts down Mifflin, advance to District semis
Also punch ticket to States for first time In a...
Lefever, Njenga come on strong
Lead EHS contingent of seven to qualify for States Ephrata...
Mounts impress in first round win over LD
Advance to face Muhlenberg in Thursday’s Quarterfinals While Ephrata finds...
Golden moments: Stauffer wins shot and discus; four others claim District medals
Emily Stauffer’s signature event is the shot put. The University...
Ephrata Merchants Association replaced by The Ephrata Alliance
Monthly open-air market on hiatus in 2016. Many events will...
Ephrata’s 121st graduation will be its first live-streamed
Ceremony set for June 2 at War Memorial The Ephrata...
Ephrata woman celebrates 104th birthday; says ‘live a clean life’
Irma Schlott is quite an amazing lady. She recently celebrated...
My little brother: As told by a grieving big sister
This is a local family’s drug addiction tragedy as...
- March 17, 2016