- Easter Egg Hunt List
- Irish dance showcase at Warwick High School
- Roots and Blues 2017
- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
Local runners finish Boston strong
Several local runners were among the more than 32,000 competitors at this year’s 118th annual Boston Marathon held Monday.
A year after the tragic bombings which killed three and injured more than 260 people, runners and fans flooded the streets of Boston Monday to honor the fallen and participate in perhaps the most significant race in its history.
Among the areas runners who competed included:
• Bruce Waskowicz, age 53 of Denver. Waskowicz completed the run in a net time of 4:02:55 to place 17,723rd overall and 1,632nd in the 50-54 age group.
• Vanessa Andes, age 30 of Ephrata, finished in a time of 3:19:49 to place 6,417th overall. she was 910th among women and 719th in the 18-39 age group.
• John Mark Stoltzfus, age 40 of Ephrata, finished with a net time of 3:44:54 to place 3,617th overall. He also placed 1,706th in the 40-44 age group.
• Flere Bomba, age 57 of Denver, completed the race in 4:43:09 to finished 24,528th overall. She was 10,481st among women and placed 1,627th in the 40-44 age group.
• John Stover, age 40 of Ephrata, had the best time among local finishers at 3:08.16 to finish 3,678th overall. He was 3,430th among men and 605th in the 40-44 age group.