- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Merchants’ fall downtown event a success
The Ephrata Merchants had a beautiful day to hold its annual fall downtown celebration Saturday.
Over 50 scarecrows were made and now can be seen throughout the town of Ephrata, just in time for the fall holidays. Whoopie pies were devoured by both kids and adults, some faster than others.
Pumpkins were chucked with catapults using lacrosse sticks, and the final chunkoff had pumpkins flying as far as 80 feet. No cars were harmed. The three winners of the "punkin chunkin" and pie eating contests enjoyed their prizes of merchants dollars to start their downtown Ephrata shopping.
The local businesses that donated items and their time in order for the event to be such a success include: The Ephrata Review, Musselemans Lumber, Mennonite Resource Center, Rebecca’s Heavenly Goodies, Bemenn Wood Products, Ephrata Agway, Hilltop Produce, Hoovers Produce. Mountainside Acres, Evergreen Acres Produce, Douple Agency, Pike Wallpaper & Paint and Stauffers of Kissel Hill.