- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Merchants’ fall downtown event a success
The Ephrata Merchants had a beautiful day to hold its annual fall downtown celebration Saturday.
Over 50 scarecrows were made and now can be seen throughout the town of Ephrata, just in time for the fall holidays. Whoopie pies were devoured by both kids and adults, some faster than others.
Pumpkins were chucked with catapults using lacrosse sticks, and the final chunkoff had pumpkins flying as far as 80 feet. No cars were harmed. The three winners of the "punkin chunkin" and pie eating contests enjoyed their prizes of merchants dollars to start their downtown Ephrata shopping.
The local businesses that donated items and their time in order for the event to be such a success include: The Ephrata Review, Musselemans Lumber, Mennonite Resource Center, Rebecca’s Heavenly Goodies, Bemenn Wood Products, Ephrata Agway, Hilltop Produce, Hoovers Produce. Mountainside Acres, Evergreen Acres Produce, Douple Agency, Pike Wallpaper & Paint and Stauffers of Kissel Hill.