- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Open air market offers food, fun
Ephrata’s monthly downtown open air market is slated to be open this Saturday, Aug. 17 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Whistle Stop Plaza near the corner of State and Main streets.
In addition to vendors selling fresh produce, baked goods, craft items and light fare, the following entertainers will be featured:
Spinspiration! Hooping – At 10 a.m., Jenny Hill, hoop performer, teacher, and creator of Acts of Jennius and the Spinspiration Hoop Lab will spin it up during the market, have a hoop or two for others to try, and a few others on hand to sell. She’s been hooping for almost four years, and performing and sharing the love of hooping with anyone who wants to give it a whirl.
J. H. Weiner – From 10:45 until noon, this country entertainer one man show will be at the market bringing songs from country favorites like Hank Williams, Merle Haggard and Buck Owens.
Nick DiSanto – Lancaster’s finest One Man Band, the totally portable Nick DiSanto, will entertain from 12 to 1 p.m.
More MARKET, page A7