- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
‘Open’ ing Day
The debut of the new Ephrata Merchants "open air" farmers market in downtown Ephrata was a big hit last Saturday at the Whistlestop Plaza near the former train station.
With just a light rain falling, community leaders blew train whistles to officially get things underway. In just a matter of hours, the tradition took hold.
"After the event, it gave me goosebumps and I became tearful that the community rallied together way beyond what we expected," said Stephanie Harley of the Merchants. "The downtown was a perfect picture of neighbors coming together for their community. The streets and surrounding shops were busy and most of the vendors sold out or had to travel back to their farms for more products. Many people said this is how they remembered their town and were very pleased to see the event happening and look forward to the next one."
She said others felt the same way about the first day.
"So overall a huge thank you to the community, vendors, local businesses and Ephrata Merchants for making the first Ephrata Whistle Stop Open Air Market a great success," Harley said.
More MARKET, page A16