- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Paul Wise, Pioneer chief, dies
Paul W. Wise, 85, of Ephrata, died Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in West Earl Township, he was a son of the late Frank A. and Bertha S. (Weinhold) Wise, and married to K. Elaine (Eitnier) Wise for 59 years. Paul was a Korean War army corporal and was a Purple Heart recipient. A member of Bethany United Church of Christ, Ephrata, he retired in 1990 from Gerber Childrenswear, Inc., Ephrata, and in 2005 from Direct Wire & Cable, Denver.
Paul was past president, trustee, fire truck driver and life member of Ephrata’s Pioneer Fire Company, life member of Ephrata VFW Post 3376, and enjoyed woodworking and creating model cars and fire trucks.
Also surviving is a daughter: Denise Rae Ruth, Ephrata; sons: Scott Alan Wise, Stevens and Stewart Lee Wise, Ephrata; sisters: Ruth Redcay, June Shrom, Shirley (Sylvan) Gehman and Rose (Carman) Peters, all of Ephrata and Betty (David) Martin, Stevens and brothers: Luke (Collette Ruth) Wise, Ephrata and Martin (Judy Gauger) Wise, Akron. A sister: Lavern and brothers: Vernon, Edwin and Leroy predeceased him.
Funeral services will be held Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:30 p.m. from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with his pastor, The Reverend William J. LaSalle, officiating. Burial with military honors will be in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville. The viewing will be Oct. 30 from 6 to 8 p.m. and immediately prior to the service on Thursday.
For online condolences, visit goodfuneral.com.
More WISE, page A16