- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Police investigate Brubaker death
The Northern Lancaster County Regional Police Department reported Tuesday afternoon that it will continue an investigation into the death of Ryan C. Brubaker, 21, of Lititz. Brubaker is the son Pennsylvania State Senator Michael W. Brubaker who represents the 36th Senatorial District.
The subject was discovered unresponsive Sept. 11 at approximately 8:12 a.m. within the residence by a family member who called Lancaster County 911 for assistance. The Northern Lancaster County Regional Police Department and Warwick Community Ambulance responded to the residence located on Ridge Road in Warwick Township. The subject was later declared dead by a representative of Lancaster County Coroner’s Office.
According to Lancaster Online, officials reported that Brubaker’s death appears to be an accidental drug overdose, but a toxicology report is pending and the cause and manner of death will be determined and announced at a later date by Steve Diamantoni, MD, of Lancaster County Coroner’s Office.
Lancaster Online also reported that Brubaker had been facing drug charges at the time of his death and had previously been charged with drug delivery. The young man Brubaker had exchanged drugs with later died of an overdose. During a May traffic stop Brubaker was found to be operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs and alcohol and later charged. More BRUBAKER, page A18