- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Raymond H. Leonard, 94, decorated WWII vet, dies
Raymond H. Leonard, 94, of Ephrata, formerly of Lancaster, passed away Monday, June 3, 2013 at the VA Medical Center in Lebanon.
His wife, the late Edith E. (Drybread) Leonard passed away Feb. 7, 2006.
Raymond was born in Lancaster and was son of the late Philip and Gertrude (Killian) Leonard. He was formerly employed at the W.W. Moyer Co. of Ephrata as an Office Worker.
A U.S. Army Veteran of World War II, Raymond received a Purple Heart Medal, a Bronze Battle Star, and in 2010 the French Legion of Honor. He was also a former member of Ephrata VFW Post 3376.
Raymond will be missed by his family and many friends.
Surviving is a son: William B. Leonard, husband of Sally (Slote) Leonard of Ephrata; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; five great-great grandchildren; and a brother: Robert Leonard, husband of Millie Leonard, of East Petersburg.
Funeral services will be private at the convenience of the family.
Interment with Full Military Honors will be held at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.
More LEONARD, page A12