- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Reuben Hertzog, well-known Ephrata barber, dies at 70
Reuben R. Hertzog, 70, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Reuben R. Sr. and Edith (Hersh) Hertzog.
Reuben was a member of the Ephrata Blue Lodge #665 F&AM, Ephrata, and enjoyed golfing and hunting. He loved his home town of Ephrata. Reuben worked as a barber for 45 years and was the owner of Hertzog’s Barber Shop, Ephrata.
Reuben is survived by two sons: Terry, husband of Christine (Hoffner) Hertzog, of Lititz; Brad Hertzog, of Queens, N.Y.; four grandchildren: Nathan, Joanna, Justin and Amanda Hertzog; two brothers: Gordon, husband of Sylvia Hertzog, of Ephrata; Russell Hertzog, of Ephrata; and a sister: Loretta Hertzog, of Ephrata.
He was preceded in death by three brothers: Lyle, George and John Hertzog.
A visitation will be April 23 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com. More HERTZOG, page A17