- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ruth Sherman, 82, of Royer Pharmacy stores
Ruth L. Sherman, 82, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital. She was the wife of William T. Sherman, with whom she celebrated 61 years of marriage Sept. 2, 2012.
Ruth was born in Newmanstown, daughter of the late Charles and Lillian Anspach.
She worked with her husband at Royer Pharmacy for many years. Ruth’s most treasured accomplishments included time spent with her husband raising their four children together and many wonderful hours with her five grandchildren and great-granddaughter. Her other interests included travel, dining out, politics, reading, word-search puzzles and dogs.
In addition to her husband, William, she is survived by four children: Donald A., husband of Donna J. Sherman, of Ephrata; Robert O., husband of Anne L. Sherman, of Akron; Patricia J., wife of Mark E. Leaman, of Lancaster; and Pamela J., wife of Harold J. Groff, of Ephrata; five grandchildren: Kelly, Amy, Andrew, Daniel and Eric; a great-granddaughter: Lillian; and a sister: Lois Schaub, of Columbia Cottage, Wyomissing.
Ruth was preceded in death by her sisters: Mary O’Brien and Jean Weinhold; and her brothers: Kenneth, George, James and Charles Anspach.
Funeral services were held Oct. 20 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, with the Rev. Linford King officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Donations in Ruth’s memory may be made to the Ephrata Public Library, 550 S. Reading Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. More SHERMAN, page A6