- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Akron’s historic Shoe-In returns this New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31, from 9:30 p.m. until midnight in the Broad Street Park.
Family fun and excitement will be featured as 2012 is brought in by the drop of the historic Akron Shoe. The public is invited to enjoy free hot-dogs and hot chocolate along with great family activities all evening.
The celebration will begin at 9 p.m. in Broad Street Park with a street hockey tournament followed by hay rides, music and spectacular community bonfire. A New Year’s Eve service wil start at 9:30 p.m. at the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church in Akron.
The goal of the Akron Shoe-In is to help those less fortunate obtain a new pair of shoes. The public is asked to donate a pair of new shoes in any size into one of the Akron Shoe-In drop boxes that are located throughout the community or bring along a pair of new shoes to donate at the celebration.
For more information, call Barb McMinn at 859-1244.
This event has been made possible by contributions from Goods Disposal and Ephrata National Bank.