- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Speakers named for 118th commencement
Ephrata High School has announced all but one of its four speakers for its 118th commencement exercises, set for 7 p.m. Thursday, June 6 at War Memorial Field.
Class President Gabriel Murcia will be joined by Emily Zimmerman and Brianna Hamilton at the podium, along with the yet-to-be-named valedictorian.
Ephrata, one of the few schools left in Lancaster County to schedule an outdoor ceremony, would move commencement to the Ephrata Middle School gymnasium in the event of inclement weather. Admission then would be by ticket only and seniors would be issued four each.
If weather conditions permit being outdoors, the War Memorial gates will open at 6 p.m. (there are no reserved seats – first come, first served). Handicapped parking and seating arrangements should be made through the senior and by June 5.
Prior to the main event, a Baccalaureate service will be held at 3 p.m. June 2, at Ephrata Church of the Brethren.
Ephrata has already held its senior awards night and the results, along with photos, will be published in the special graduation edition, next Wednesday, June 5.
The Ephrata High School Class of 2013 currently has 302 candidates for graduation and the class motto is "The pen is in your hand; the rest is still unwritten."
More COMMENCEMENT, page A18