- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Summer municipal rec time!
As they have done for over 25 years, Akron Borough, Clay Township, Ephrata Borough and Ephrata Township, in conjunction with the Ephrata Recreation Center, are sponsoring a full summer of rec programs.
The 2012 edition of Ephrata Area Summer Municipal Program will include long-time favorite tennis lessons and swimming lessons along with the specialty camps. Camps returning from past years are dance, street hockey, art, crafts, soccer, lacrosse and fitness. EPAC will again direct theater camp. Nature camps held at the Haller property will include the return of Native American Nature and the addition of Space Camp.
Also included for 2012 will be flag football, directed by Rec Center youth coaches and the addition of boys basketball camp, directed by members of the Ephrata High School boys coaching staff.
These programs are free for residents of Akron, Clay and Ephrata Borough, and discounted for residents of Ephrata Township. For more information, detailed schedules and registration information visit ephratarec.com or call the Rec at 738-1167. More SUMMER REC, page A15