- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
A. Charles Singleton, 94, WWII vet, Lanc. Labs retiree
A. Charles Singleton, 94, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013 at Conestoga View Nursing Home. He was the husband of Betty L. Graham Singleton.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Harry R. and Pearl McCoy Singleton. Charlie had worked at RCA and retired from Lancaster Labs. He was a U.S. Army veteran of WWII.
Surviving in addition to his wife are two sons: Dallas Thomas (Karen) of Montana; and Alfred C. "Jake" Singleton (Melissa) of Everett; three daughters: Barbara Blevins (Dean) of Quarryville; Peggy Rooney (Jim) of Florida; and Jean Herr (companion Tom) of Lawrenceville; step-daughters: Debi Frey and Diane Hemperly (John), both of Lancaster; 13 grandchildren; one step-granddaughter; 24 great-grandchildren; and four great-great grandchildren.
Funeral services and interment will be held privately at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Dr., PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or at hospiceandcommunitycare.
To share your fondest memories of Charlie, please visit www.lifecelebration.com.