- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Abram M. Redcay, Ephrata, Dart Container yard jockey
Abram M. Redcay, 64, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, March 9, at Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in New Holland to the late Norman N. and Sarah B. (Martin) Redcay and was the companion of Sue Allison for 27 years.
Abe enjoyed going to the mountains, watching Nascar, especially Jeff Gordon, Steelers football and playing with his two dogs, Max and Jay. During his working years, he worked as a yard jockey for Dart Container Inc.
In addition to his companion, he is survived by a son: Kerry Lynn Redcay of Lancaster; three brothers: Paul M. Redcay of Ephrata; Norman M., husband of Edith Redcay of Orangeville; Earl M., husband of Judy Redcay of Ephrata; three sisters: Mabel, wife of Irvin Brubaker of Ephrata; Ella Mae, wife of Irvin Martin of Lebanon; and Ruth Ann, wife of Aaron Hoover of East Earl.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Raymond Redcay and sister-in-law: Helen Redcay.
Funeral services will be private at the convenience of the family. Abe’s wishes were to remember him as he was.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.