- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Albert Stine, 82, Ephrata, vet, postal supervisor
Albert E. Stine, 82, of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011 at Conestoga View Nursing Home, Lancaster.
He was born in Lancaster to the late Albert and Mary (Shin) Stine.
Albert served his country in the US Army. He held memberships at the Ephrata Amvets Post #136, Cloister Post #3376 V.F.W., Ephrata, the Warriors Social Club, the 8th Ward Club and the Manheim Band club. During his working years, he was a postal supervisor for the U.S. Postal service.
Albert is survived by a son: Ken R. Stine, of Hummelstown; a grandson: Kenneth Stine, of Ephrata; and two brothers: Don Stine, of Lancaster, and Jerry Stine, of Florida.
He was preceded in death by a sister: Tess.
A gathering will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. on Sept. 15 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut Street, Denver. Internment will be private at the convenience of the family. Military honors will be accorded by the Red Rose Honor Guard.
Memorial contributions in Albert’s memory may be made to ACLU, 125 Broad St., 18th Floor, New York, NY 10004.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.