- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Albert W. Gilbert, managed car dealership, father of 11
Albert W. "Al" Gilbert, 78, of Denver, formerly of Morgantown, died Monday, September 16, 2013 at his home surrounded by his loving family.
He was born in Pomeroy, Pa. on September 3, 1935. He was the son of the late Marcus and Harriett (Lovett) Gilbert. He was the husband of Paula M. (Sokol) Gilbert, with whom he shared 49 years of marriage in June of this year.
Al was the manager for Hershey Motors in Morgantown for 37 years. and worked for Grace Mines prior to closing. A member of the Mt. Culmen E.C. Church and New Holland VFW, Al enjoyed Harley-Davidson motorcycles, street rods, fishing and NASCAR but only second to the time spent with his beloved family.
Al is survived in addition to his wife by five sons: Donny Mumma, Rick Gilbert, Jeff Gilbert, Greg Gilbert, Scott Gilbert; and six daughters: Diane Smith, Melody Weaver, Teresa Gaul, Carol Smith, Patti Reiff and Karen Gardner; two brothers: Jim and Johnny Gilbert; a sister: Harriett Marsha; 25 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
A funeral service will be held on Friday, September 20, 2013 at 11 a.m. from the Weaverland Mennonite Church, 210 Weaverland Valley Road, East Earl, with Pastor Ken Hoffer officiating. Interment will follow at Mt. Culmen E.C. Church Cemetery. A calling hour will be held on Sept. 19 from 6 to 8 p.m. at The Labs Funeral Home, Inc., 141 Pequea Ave., Honey Brook, and one hour prior to the service at the church.
Arrangements entrusted to The Labs Funeral Home, Honey Brook. For additional information and online condolences, please visit thelabsfh.com.