- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Alexander Sitar, 51, bank manager, ELANCO school board member, volunteer
Alexander David Sitar, 51, of Denver, died unexpectedly at his home Friday, Oct. 25, 2013.
Born in Ogdensburg, N.Y., he was the son of the late Stephen and Loretta (Bennett) Sitar. He was married 30 years on April 7 to Karen L. (Edwards) Sitar.
Alexander had been working for the past year as a medical equipment hauler for Universal Hospital Services in Harrisburg. Prior to that he worked for over 20 years as a team leader/manager for the Wells Fargo Bank in Reading.
He was a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church where he served as an usher, was a member of the Knights of Columbus, and formerly served on the parish council. He also served on the ELANCO school board and volunteered with the Special Olympics and as a soccer coach.
Surviving in addition to his wife are seven children: Sarah Sitar of Reading; Beth Sitar of Reinholds; Alexander David Sitar, Jr. of Lorton, Va.; Grace Sitar at home; Rachel Sitar of East Earl; Leah Sitar at home and Rebekah Sitar at home; three brothers: Steve, married to Donna Sitar; Mark Sitar and Tim, married to Lisa Sitar all of Syracuse, N.Y. and a sister: Sherianne Baldus of Eldridge, Iowa.
A Mass of Christian burial was held on Wednesday, Oct. 30 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 150 Water St., New Holland, with Father Pang J.S. Tcheou as celebrant. Interment was in the Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to the Groff-High Funeral Home, 145 W. Main St., New Holland, PA 17557, to assist the family with funeral expenses.
To send the family online condolences visit us at groffeckenroth.com.