- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Alice Brubaker, 64, school nurse
Alice Faye Foley Brubaker, 64, of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, Nov. 6, 2011 at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
She was the wife of John N. Brubaker, Ed.D., of Ephrata. Born in Mullins, S.C., she was the daughter of the late Von and Ruth Elease Foley.
She was a nurse for a total of 32 years. During this time, she served as a cardiac nurse in Whiteville, N.C., an operating room nurse in Loris, S.C., and a nurse auditor at Alamance Regional Medical Center in Burlington, N.C. Upon her retirement, she continued her love for medicine by serving as a substitute nurse for Cocalico and Warwick school districts.
She was a lifelong member of the Methodist Church, where she served in various leadership positions and taught Sunday School to high school students. Her devotion to serving the Lord and her love of humanity enriched the lives of all who had the honor to know her and to learn from her.
In addition to her husband, John, she is survived by daughter: Audra Harrison, of Elkin, N.C.; a granddaughter: Felicia Harrison, of Jonesville, N.C.; and a grandson: Andrew Harrison, of Elkin, N.C.
Funeral services will be held on Nov. 10 from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver, followed by her funeral services at 2 p.m., with Rev. John P. Smeltzer officiating. Interment will take place in the Fairview Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Alice’s memory may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.