- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Allen W. Nonemaker, 93, formerly of Ephrata, chemical engineer in Liberia for Firestone
Allen W. Nonemaker, 93, of Harrisburg, formerly a longtime resident of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014 at Emeritus Assisted Living in Harrisburg.
Allen was born in Camp Hill, son of the late Frank and Ethel (Neff) Nonemaker. His wife of over 50 years, Melanie (Lange) Nonemaker, passed away Jan. 10, 1998.
He is survived by two children: Rita M. Oberman of Harrisburg, and Gary Nonemaker of Ephrata; and one brother: Frank Nonemaker of Milton.
A U.S. Air Force veteran, Allen held a degree in chemistry from Grove City College. He worked as a chemical engineer for Firestone in Liberia, West Africa, for 20 years before returning to the United States in 1976. Allen enjoyed traveling, playing music, making arts and crafts, reading, playing Bridge and Scrabble, and spending time with his best friend Buddy, his dog.
Services were held Aug. 22 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, with Rev. Robert F. Stoudt officiating. Interment with Full Military Honors will be held at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery at a later date.
Donations in Allen’s memory may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association at lz.org
To send an online condolence visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, was entrusted with the arrangements.