- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Alma Hagy, 84, Hemmerich Mills designer, hostess
Alma T. Hagy, 84, of Denver, passed away Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012 at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
She was born in Allentown to the late Edward and Viola (Mirth) Kurtz and was the wife of Clifford E. Hagy.
During her working years, Alma was a sewing machine operator for C&B Trimming and New Holland Lingerie. She was also a clothing designer for Hemmerich Mills of Denver, former beauty salon operator and hostess for the former Colonial Motor Lodge.
Alma enjoyed traveling, gourmet cooking, sewing, reading and was an avid football fan.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a son; Richard R., husband of Patricia (Afflerbach) Hagy, of North Wales; and a daughter: Gail R., wife of Albert Keith, of Reinholds.
The services and interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.