- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Almeta M. Andrew, 79, active in Nazarene church
Almeta M. (Burkholder) Andrew, 79, of Ephrata, went to be with the Lord and loved ones awaiting her in heaven, on Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013, at Denver Health & Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Ephrata, daughter of the late Edwin and Salinda (Ludwig) Burkholder and was the wife of the late Justin Payne Andrew who died in May of this year.
Almeta was a member of the Ephrata Church of the Nazarene, where she was involved in the Cradle Roll Ministry and Evangelism. She especially enjoyed her grandchildren, playing games with her family, reading, crocheting, and collecting dolls.
Almeta is survived by three sons and three daughters: Ted, husband of Joan (Binkley) Andrew of Ephrata; David, husband of Tammy (Jenks) Andrew of Bowmansville; Douglas, husband of Terri (Kulp) Andrew of Ephrata; Brenda, wife of Charles Reiff of Ephrata; Justine, wife of Edgar Miller of Denver; Patricia, wife of Scott Hartranft of McClure; 16 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; two brothers: William, husband of Barbara Burkholder of Ephrata and Glenn, husband of Carol Burkholder of Lititz.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: Carl and Donald Burkholder.
Her funeral service was held at Ephrata Church of the Nazarene, Ephrata, Oct. 5 with her son Ted Andrew and Pastor Rocky Hambrick officiating. Interment will take place in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Almeta’s memory may be made to Ephrata Church of the Nazarene, 110 Durlach Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.