- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Alvin W. Wolf, 87, Akron, mechanic at Hollinger Mack for 40 years, WWII veteran
Alvin W. Wolf, 87, of Akron, passed away Tuesday, Aug.12, 2014, at his residence.
He was born in Lancaster County to the late Leroy and Beulah (Getz) Wolf and was the husband of Joyce Ann (Rabold) Wolf.
Alvin was a member of the Emmanuel United Methodist Church, Brownstown. He had worked for Hollinger Mack, Inc. for over 40 years as a mechanic. He served his country during WWII and was stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons: Douglas L. Wolf, Donald J. Wolf, husband of Amanda J. Reidenbach; a daughter: Deborah, wife of Lester Howe; a granddaughter: Michelle Graybill; two great-grandchildren: Cody Graybill and Tyler Heagy; and three siblings: Dot, Shirley and Bud.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by three siblings: Robert, Leroy Jr. and Joanne.
A graveside service was held Aug 15 at the Brownstown Cemetery, with Rev. Len Calhoun officiating.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.