- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Alvin W. Wolf, 87, Akron, mechanic at Hollinger Mack for 40 years, WWII veteran
Alvin W. Wolf, 87, of Akron, passed away Tuesday, Aug.12, 2014, at his residence.
He was born in Lancaster County to the late Leroy and Beulah (Getz) Wolf and was the husband of Joyce Ann (Rabold) Wolf.
Alvin was a member of the Emmanuel United Methodist Church, Brownstown. He had worked for Hollinger Mack, Inc. for over 40 years as a mechanic. He served his country during WWII and was stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons: Douglas L. Wolf, Donald J. Wolf, husband of Amanda J. Reidenbach; a daughter: Deborah, wife of Lester Howe; a granddaughter: Michelle Graybill; two great-grandchildren: Cody Graybill and Tyler Heagy; and three siblings: Dot, Shirley and Bud.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by three siblings: Robert, Leroy Jr. and Joanne.
A graveside service was held Aug 15 at the Brownstown Cemetery, with Rev. Len Calhoun officiating.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.