- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ammon H. Martin, 84, Ephrata, married 61 years, Martindale Mennonite member
Ammon H. Martin, 84, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, May 9, 2014, at his residence after a brief illness.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Ervin B. and Anna (Horst) Martin and was the husband of Anna N. (Newswanger) Martin with whom he shared 61 years of marriage.
Ammon was a member of the Martindale Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by five sons: Norman Martin of Fleetwood, Lewis, husband of Marie (Martin) Martin of Newville, Emory, husband of Dawn (Burkholder) Martin of Fleetwood, Earl, husband of Alice (Fox Eberly) Martin of Bowmansville, Ammon, husband of Lois (Hoover) Martin of Ephrata; three daughters: Etta Martin of Ephrata, Minerva Martin at home, Alma, wife of Leonard M. High of Newville; 23 grandchildren; 9 great-grandchildren; a brother: Adin H., husband of Martha (Hurst) Martin of Mt. Joy; three sisters: Elsie H., wife of Lester Brubaker of Ohio, Alta H., wife of the late Aaron Leid of Ohio, Nora H., wife of Elam Hoover of New Holland; a brother-in-law: Paul Snyder of New Holland; and a sister-in-law: Lucy Nolt of N.Y.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers: Elvin H. and Earl H. Martin; and a sister: Miriam Snyder.
Services were held May 13 at Martindale Mennonite Church, with officiating ministry Bishop Amos Martin and ministers Ivan Hurst, Paul Hurst Jr. and Walter Zimmerman. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata.