- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Andrey I. Zakharov, 88, Ephrata, preacher, member of BGFC, played Russian accordion
Andrey I. Zakharov, 88, of Ephrata, went to be with God Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his residence.
He was born in Oryol, Russia, to the late Ivan and Anna (Deyeva) Zakharov and was the husband of the late Yuliya M. Shatilenko who passed away in 2008.
Andrey was a member of Brickerville Grace Fellowship Church, Lititz. He enjoyed music, listening to CDs, played the garmoshka (Russian accordion), reading books, was a preacher, loved his family and God. He was the best father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Andrey is survived by six sons: Alexander, wife of Alla Zakharov; Pavel, husband of Vera Zakharov; Victor, husband of Nadya Zakharov; Andrey, husband of Olga Zakharov; Michael, husband of Hilda Zakharov; Vladimir, husband of Yelena Zakharov; six daughters: Natalya, wife of Peter Patrushev; Tanya, wife of Eugene Starikov; Vera, wife of Alexander Subbotin; Yelena, wife of Oleg Novikov; Nadya, wife of Yuriy Kharin; Olga, wife of Anatoly Freze; a daughter-in-law: Tanya Zakharov; 36 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; and one great-great granddaughter.
In addition to his wife and parents; he was preceded in death by a son: Ivan Zakharov.
His funeral was held Aug. 20 at Brickerville Grace Fellowship Church. Interment took place in the Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.