- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ann Sweigart, 79, Doneckers employee
Ann Sweigart, 79, of Ephrata, passed away Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at her residence after a lengthy illness.
She was born in Reading, a daughter of the late Charles E. and Dorothy (Hepler) Harting. She was the loving wife of Clair E. Sweigart, with whom she celebrated 60 years of marriage on May 19.
Ann was a Mohnton High School graduate and worked in the mailing department at Doneckers in Ephrata for 21 years, retiring in 1993.
Ann was a member of Swamp Evangelical Lutheran Church in Reinholds. She enjoyed to crochet and loved traveling and spending time with her family.
In addition to her husband she is survived by three daughters: Karen, wife of William Wellman, of Ephrata; Cynthia, wife of Gary Tunin, of Ephrata; and Christine, wife of Jeff Hickernell, of Richland; three sons: Donald Sweigart, of Yorkana; Kenneth Sweigart, husband of Patti, of York; and Michael Sweigart, husband of Karen, of Reinholds; 15 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren. Also surviving is a sister: Mildred Quell, of Mohnton; and a brother: Richard Harting, of Reading.
She was preceded in death by two sisters: Ruth Hart and Joyce Harting.
Funeral services were held at Swamp Evangelical Lutheran Church June 25 with the Rev. Dennis L. Trout officiating. Interment took place in Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be directed to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604; or to Swamp Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Services were under the care of Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals in Ephrata. To offer condolences to the family, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.