- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Anna Loose, Ford Leather worker
Anna Loose, 90, of Akron, passed away Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy.
Born in Hopeland, she was the daughter of the late George A. and Ella (Edwards) Ruth and was the wife of the late Arthur N. Loose who passed away in 2007.
She was a member of Grace Evangelical Congregational Church in Akron and had worked for Yorktown Manufacturing Co. in Ephrata and Ford Leather Co. in Akron.
Anna is survived by two sons: Leslie, husband of Judy Loose, of Stevens; and Anthony, husband of Linda Loose, of Lititz; six grandchildren: Austin Loose, Kristin Clark, Steven Loose, Tammy High, Barry High and Darren High; 13 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
Besides her husband and parents, Anna was preceded in death by three sisters: Irene Ruth, Sadie Weik and Ella Eshelman; five brothers: Miles, Warren, Enos, Clarence and Charles; and her half brother: Raymond.
A funeral service was held on Oct. 26 at the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church, Akron, with Pastor Leslie Cool officiating. Burial took place in the Rothsville United Zion Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Anna’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.