- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Anna Weaver, 88, Ephrata
Anna N. Weaver, 88, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012 at her residence.
She was born in Leola to the late Daniel B. and Magdalena S. (Nolt) Newswanger and was the wife of the late Alvin H. Weaver, who died in 2011.
Anna was a member of the Martindale Mennonite Church, Groffdale Conference.
She is survived by her sons: Ivan, husband of Nancy (Martin), of Bethel; Titus, husband of Mary (Leid), of Ephrata; and Raymond, husband of Edna (Hoover), of Mifflinburg; daughters: Alma, wife of Harvey Shirk, of Narvon; Rachel, wife of Landis Burkholder, of Kutztown; and Mary, wife of Elam Nolt of Ephrata; sisters: Mary N. Martin, of Ephrata; and Lydia, wife of John J. Hoover, of Denver; 36 grandchildren; and 84 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, Anna was preceded in death by a twin brother: Samuel Newswanger; brothers: Eli, Adam and Henry Newswanger; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Oct. 15 at the home of Elam Nolt, Ephrata, with further services from the Martindale Old Order Mennonite Church, Groffdale Conference with Bishop Titus H. Martin and Bishop Ammon Z. Weaver officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata.