- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Arlene Eby, 93, co-founded Blainsport Mennonite Church
Arlene M. Eby, 93, formerly of Blainsport, passed away after a brief illness Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at Landis Homes where she lived for the past 16 years.
She was born on Aug. 5, 1917 in Elm. Her parents were John M. and Elizabeth L. Bomberger.
Arlene served with her husband, Wilmer, who was pastor at the Blainsport Mennonite Church in Reinholds. They founded the congregation near Cocalico when they were first married.
Arlene had a special gift of hospitality and was always concerned that visitors were comfortable. She was a special friend to children in the congregation who enjoyed playing with toys at the Eby house.
Arlene graduated from Eastern Mennonite High School in Harrisonburg, Va. and was a homemaker. She volunteered at Ephrata Community Hospital and Landis Homes for many years. She and Wilmer enjoyed world travel.
Surviving are family members: John and Joyce Eby, of Dillsburg; Lois and Edward Hollinger, of Mt. Wolf; and Beth and Sam Weber, of Wayne; eight grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two sisters-in-law: Myrtle Bomberger and Martha Jane Bomberger, both residents at Landis Homes.
In addition to her parents and husband she was preceded in death by two brothers: Henry and Roy Bomberger.
Funeral services were held April 3 at Blainsport Mennonite Church.
Memorial contributions in Arlene’s memory may be made to Landis Homes Benevolent Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543; or to the Blainsport Mennonite Church, 85 S. Blainsport Road, Reinholds, PA 17569.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc. To send a condolence to the family, visit roseborostradling.com.