- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Arlene Myers, 80, Akron, was Nationwide secretary
Arlene M. Myers, 80, of Akron, passed away Tuesday, May 22, 2012, at her residence.
She was born in Point Pleasant, W. Va., to the late George and Myrtle (Simpkins) Watson and was the wife of the late Jack C. Myers, who died in July 1993.
Arlene retired from Nationwide Insurance, where she worked as a legal secretary.
Arlene is survived by her four daughters: Melinda, wife of Harry Yochum, of Akron; Diane Myers, of Harrisburg; Julie Myers, of Waxahachie, Texas; and Lynn Myers, of Rockville, Md.; two grandsons: Jory Faulkner, of Philadelphia, son of Diane Myers; and Julian Quinn, of Waxahachie, Texas, son of Julie Myers; a sister: Ruth (Watson), wife of Gary Bolus, of Okatia, S.C.; and a brother: Ken, husband of Sherry Watson, of Columbus, Ohio.
Memorial services were held on May 26 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Pastor Richard Cook officiating. Private interment will be at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Arlene’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County P. O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.