- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Arlene W. Ansel, 85, Stevens, avid cook, bingo player
Arlene W. Ansel, 85, Stevens, died July 27, 2014, at the home of her son Jeff and daughter-in-law Mary, following a brief illness.
Born in Vinemont, Berks County, a daughter of the late Harry and Carrie (Wenrich) Gelsinger, her husband of 62 years, Kenneth W. Ansel, died Feb. 7, 2012.
A caring and passionate woman, Arlene loved cooking and was an avid bingo player.
Surviving are sons: Perry (Patricia Werner) Ansel, Denver and Jeffrey L. (Mary Thompson) Ansel, Stevens; 10 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and a sister: Katherine Kopp, Reinholds.
She was also predeceased by a daughter: Kathy Ann Ansel (2012); sister: Ruth Bohn; and brothers: Leroy, Lester, Frank, Robert and Herbert Gelsinger and Ralph Schmeck.
Contributions may be sent to Hospice & Community Care, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, is assisting The Ansel Family with private arrangements. Visit goodfuneral.com to offer condolences to the family.