- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Arthur H. Smith, 97, Miller Hess worker, sportsman
Arthur H. Smith, 97, died peacefully Saturday, July 20, in his Akron home.
Born in Harrisburg, he was the son of the late Daniel K. Smith and Bertha (Hogentogler) Smith.
A life-long resident of Akron, he was employed at Miller Hess & Co. An avid sportsman, he enjoyed hunting, fishing, bowling and baseball.
He was preceded in death by his wife: Beulah (Shreiner) Smith; a sister: Mildred Yoder and five brothers: Lester, Marlin, Charles, Melvin and Donald.
He is survived by a son: Jacque A., husband of Audrey (Rutt), Reinholds; a daughter: Patricia A., wife of the late R. Drew Lausch, Ephrata; six grandchildren: Anne Wuest, Akron; Susan Fitzpatrick, Souderton; Lydia Steinke, Lancaster; Carol Nolt, Denver; Ann Lagaza, Denver and R. Drew Lausch II, Rockville, Md. and six great-granddaughters.
Services are private and at the convenience of the family. Interment is at Wolf’s Cemetery, Akron.
Memorial contributions in Arthur’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care P. O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Home is the hunter, home from the hill.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.