- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Barbara A. Wenger, 73, wife of senator, active in community
Barbara A. (Bundrick) Wenger, 73, of Stevens, passed away Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
She was born in Cordele, Ga. to the late R. B. and Florabelle (Smith) Bundrick and was the wife of Senator Noah W. Wenger.
She attended the Reamstown Church of God. Barbara retired in 2002 as a realtor at the former Century 21, which became Coldwell Banker. She was a member of the Ephrata Business Women’s Association, Ephrata Christian Women’s Club and Farm Women Society.
In addition to her husband; she is survived by three daughters: Nancy M., wife of John White of Stevens, Brenda A., wife of David Tondi of Sterling, Va., Pamela G., wife of James Shields of San Antonio, Texas; eight grandchildren: Ian Hertig, Jamie Hertig, Michael Tondi, Lauren Tondi, Steven Tondi, Jack Shields, Ryan Shields and Kate Shields; two brothers: Robert, husband of Queenie Bundrick of Warner Robins, Ga., Tony, husband of Darlene Bundrick of Juliette, Ga.; and four sisters: Peggy Schwartz of Douglasville, Ga., Shirley Long of Warner Robins, Ga., Gwyn, wife of Jimmy Lindsey of Douglasville, Ga. and Lynn Johns of Douglasville, Ga.
Services were held May 16 at Reamstown Church of God, Stevens, with Rev. Arthur T. Karick and Rev. D. J. Paglia officiating. Interment was in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Barbara’s memory may be made to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, 1359 Broadway, Suite 1509, New York, NY 10018.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.