- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Barbara Ann Parks, 64, enjoyed time with family
Barbara Ann Parks, 64, of Ephrata, passed away on Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, at Hospice & Community Care, Lancaster.
She was born in Philadelphia to the late Emil and Ida (Bates) Ricca and was the wife of James R. Parks.
Barbara attended Our Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, Ephrata. She enjoyed spending time with her family.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a son: James M., husband of Jessica Parks of Bozeman, Mont.; a daughter: Lisa Vogelsong, companion of Dwayne Christ of Ephrata; grandchildren: Joseph M. Jr. and Nicole M. Gallo; Bella Marie, Maybel Ann and Quinn Douglas Parks; two brothers: Emil Joseph III, husband of Rina Ricca of Utah; Daniel C., husband of Theresa Ricca of Ephrata; sister: Ida, wife of Jodi Hunt of Petersburg, Va.; sister-in-law: Phyllis Ricca of Ephrata.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a brother: John Ricca.
A gathering to celebrate Barbara’s life will take place on Friday, March 1, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata, followed by a prayer service at 7 p.m. with Father John McLoughlin C.S.S.R. as celebrant. Final commendation and farewell will be private in the Cedar Hill Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Barbara’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.