- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Barbara Martin, 75, homemaker
Barbara M. Martin, 75, of Bainbridge, Ohio, the wife of Harvey S. Martin, died at 5:55 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at their residence.
She was born May 5, 1936 in Ephrata Township, the daughter of the late Jonas N. and Mary M. Weaver.
Barbara was a homemaker and a member of the Stauffer Mennonite Church. She was the last surviving member of her immediate family.
Barbara lived in matrimony 54 years and is survived by her husband; sons: Ivan, husband of Susan Martin, of New Holland; Wayne, of Hutchinson, Kan.; Edward, husband of Fay Martin, of Ephrata; and Luke, husband of Dawn Auker, Harvey Jr., husband of Lorraine Auker, and John Mark, husband of Marie Martin, all of Bainbridge, Ohio; daughters: Lois, wife of Joel Stauffer, of Bainbridge, Ohio; Minerva, wife of Fred Zimmerman, of Tunas, Mo.; Lucinda, wife of Leon Martin, of New Holland; Rosanna, wife of Shawn Stauffer, of Mechanicsville, Md., and Alverta, wife of Jerome Horst, of Breckenridge, Mo.; 57 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; sisters-in-law: Annie Weaver, of Orrstown; Lizzie Mae Weaver, of Port Trevorton; and Martha Weaver, of Delana, Tenn.; and brothers-in-law: Nevin Martin, of New Holland; and Daniel, husband of Leah Martin, of Denver.
She was preceded in death by a stillborn son: Jason; four grandchildren; brothers: Martin, Isaac, Jonas, John Daniel, David and Rufus; sisters: Elizabeth Weaver, Mary Martin and Mattie Martin; and an infant twin sister: Lena.
Funeral services were held on Feb. 15 at the Martin residence and at the Stauffer Mennonite Church, Bainbridge, Ohio. Burial took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements were made by Smith-Moore-Ebright Funeral Home of Bainbridge, Ohio.