- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Barbara Zimmerman, 90, Spring Glen employee
Barbara S. Zimmerman, 90, formerly of Reamstown, passed away Sunday, Sept. 23, 2012 at Conestoga View in Lancaster.
Barbara was born in Ephrata Township, daughter of the late Frank and Barbara (Stauffer) Stauffer. Her husband, the late Irvin H. Zimmerman, passed away in 1999.
She was a member of Blue Ball Church of the Brethren and she was employed for many years at Spring Glen Fresh Foods Inc. of Ephrata. Barbara enjoyed the outdoors.
She is survived by two daughters: Sylvia D. Garman, of Leola; and Debra L. Lloyd, of Ephrata; four grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; two sisters: Maude Auker, of Ephrata; and Lily Martin, of Kentucky; and two brothers: Thomas Stauffer, husband of Nancy, of Ephrata; and Calvin Stauffer, husband of Josephine, of Snyder County.
In addition to her husband and parents, Barbara was preceded in death by a grandson: Shelden Ringler; six sisters: Della Martin, Amelia Auker, Nora Brubaker, Edna Bauman, Alice Bauman and Sally Zimmerman; and two brothers: Frank and Ezra Stauffer.
Friends will be received at Hahnstown United Zion Church, at the corner of Glenwood Drive and Frysville Road, Ephrata, from noon until 2 p.m. Sept. 27. Funeral services will follow at 2 p.m. with the Rev. C. B. Horst officiating. The place of interment will be in the adjoining church cemetery.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.