- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Benjamin Unruh, 92, Bollman Hat Co. retiree
Benjamin Unruh, 92, of Ephrata, passed peacefully into the arms of the Lord Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013, at Ephrata Manor.
Born Sept. 17, 1921, in Yellow Pine, Ala., he was a son of the late Henry and Anna (Ratzlaf) Unruh. His wife June A. (Gerhart) Unruh died Dec. 9, 2010.
He was a graduate of East Cocalico High School and retired from Bollman Hat Company, Adamstown. Ben was a devoted and supportive member of Berean Bible Church, and past president of Steinmetz Cemetery Association. He enjoyed golfing and watching sports.
Surviving are a daughter: Margie Henry, Sterling, Va.; granddaughter: Amanda Henry, Reston, Va.; brothers: John (Carolyn) Unruh, Lititz and Robert (Shirley) Unruh, New Holland. He was predeceased by siblings: Viola Henry, Luella Wingenroth, Verda Byler, Irene Fry Howard and Howard and Richard Unruh. The family wishes to thank the Ephrata Manor staff for their kind and compassionate care.
Funeral services were held Sept. 21 at Berean Bible Church, Ephrata, with his pastor, The Reverend Kelly Sensenig, officiating. Burial was in Steinmetz Cemetery, Denver.
Rather than flowers, contributions to Gideons International, Box 140800, Nashville, TN 37214-0800.
Good Funeral Home was honored to serve the Unruh family. For online condolences, visit goodfuneral.com.