- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Bernetha Stuber, 95, Ephrata, retired from Science Press
Bernetha M. Stuber, 95, of Ephrata and formerly of Denver, passed away Monday, May 7, 2012 at Ephrata Manor.
Born in Akron, Bernetha was the daughter of the late Joshua and Sadie (Ecenroad) Hiester. Her husband, the late Ralph S. Stuber, passed away in 1976.
Bernetha was a member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational (EC) Church in Reamstown, where she taught Sunday school. She worked at the former Science Press in Ephrata for 10 years until her retirement in 1977. She enjoyed cooking and was a loving mother and devoted grandmother.
She is survived by a son: Terry L. Stuber, husband of Theresa J. (Nutter) Stuber of Ephrata; five grandchildren; 10 great- grandchildren; eight great-great grandchildren; and a sister: Virginia Marks of Ephrata.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Shirley D. Materazzi; a grandson: Steven Smith; a sister: Arlene Young; and a brother: Howard Hiester.
Funeral services were held on May 12 at St. Paul’s E.C. Church with the Rev. Kirk Marks officiating. Place of interment will be Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery, Akron.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.