- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Bernetha Stuber, 95, Ephrata, retired from Science Press
Bernetha M. Stuber, 95, of Ephrata and formerly of Denver, passed away Monday, May 7, 2012 at Ephrata Manor.
Born in Akron, Bernetha was the daughter of the late Joshua and Sadie (Ecenroad) Hiester. Her husband, the late Ralph S. Stuber, passed away in 1976.
Bernetha was a member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational (EC) Church in Reamstown, where she taught Sunday school. She worked at the former Science Press in Ephrata for 10 years until her retirement in 1977. She enjoyed cooking and was a loving mother and devoted grandmother.
She is survived by a son: Terry L. Stuber, husband of Theresa J. (Nutter) Stuber of Ephrata; five grandchildren; 10 great- grandchildren; eight great-great grandchildren; and a sister: Virginia Marks of Ephrata.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Shirley D. Materazzi; a grandson: Steven Smith; a sister: Arlene Young; and a brother: Howard Hiester.
Funeral services were held on May 12 at St. Paul’s E.C. Church with the Rev. Kirk Marks officiating. Place of interment will be Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery, Akron.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.