- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Berniece Fry, 89, loved animals, fishing trips
Berniece Grace Fry, age 89, formerly of Adamstown, died Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Born in Adamstown, a daughter of the late Solomon and Bessie (Sensenig) Gehman, she was the widow of Leroy C. Fry.
A member of Peace United Church of Christ, Swartzville, she was a loving mother, grandmother, sister and friend. Berniece loved animals and always had a pet dog. Fishing trips to Maryland with Leroy, crocheting and cooking for her family were her joys.
Surviving are a daughter: Gloria, wife of George Rutt, of Myrtle Beach, S.C.; granddaughter: Tami, wife of Ben Noviello; two great-grandchildren: Andy and Kelly; and a brother: Arthur, husband of Dawn Gehman, of Denver.
Siblings: Mary, Dorothy and Richard Gehman preceded her in death.
A celebration of Berniece’s life will be held Oct. 27 at 10 a.m. from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. William E. Hoch officiating.
Private inurnment will take place in Cedar Grove Cemetery, Adamstown. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.